The most beautiful hairstyles as a wedding guest
When the bells ring and you are invited to the wedding as a guest, then, in addition to the dress as a woman, the question naturally arises: What hairstyle do I wear as a wedding guest with my outfit? We have put together a few ideas for different looks.
The chignon - the most popular hairstyle for wedding guests
For women who don't want to go to the hairdresser and have longer hair, the chignon is a beautiful wedding hairstyle. The advantage: as a wedding guest, you can style this updo yourself and wear it in different ways:
- Depending on which dress you wear, you can choose a high chignon or tie it at the nape of the neck.
- If you are wearing a top or a dress with a back cut-out, a low chignon or a loose chignon is the more beautiful option. The latter is also suitable for hair that is not quite as long or thick.
- A square or heart-shaped neckline can be beautifully combined with a side chignon.
- The hairstyle can be modernised by deliberately plucking out a strand here and there.
- Another up-do for long hair is the braided chignon. To do this, divide a ponytail in the middle and braid it into two loose plaits. Secure each braid with a thin elastic and then twist them both slightly upwards at the back of the head. Then twist both braids around each other in a spiral and secure them invisibly.
Half-up hair as a hairstyle for wedding guests
A beautiful variation for medium-length hair for women is a hairstyle in which only half of the hair is pinned up. To create such half up-half down hairstyles, take the top hair together and tie it into a chignon. The rest of the hair is left loose. Alternatively, take a strand on the right and left and tie it in the middle at the back. Tie a bow around it - done! The open hair can be curled or waved as desired to give the style an even more romantic touch and more volume. The important thing with these half-up styles is to set the look well with mousse, hair gel or hair spray.
Straight hair for simple wedding guest hairstyles
Another relatively easy hairstyle to style is classy straight hair. The only things you need for straight hairstyles are heat protection spray and a straightening iron. Straight hair goes perfectly with one-shoulder tops or even dresses that are completely off-the-shoulder , but the hair does not have to be worn loose . A tight braid with the hair straightened beforehand also looks chic. And it doesn't steal the show from the bridal hairstyle!
Is a ponytail a suitable hairstyle for wedding guests?
A ponytail is actually a great idea. Whether it's worn tight and upwards or tied low at the nape of the neck - this look can also be classy. The hair has to shine - then the elegant hairstyle looks at its best. You can achieve a luxurious shine either by blow-drying the hair over a round brush or straightening it with a straightening iron. Instead of a scrunchie and hair tie, the ponytail gets its festive upgrade with a beautiful hair towel tied around the then invisible elastic.
Braided hairstyles for wedding guests
Braided hair is ultra romantic. Long hair in particular benefits from braided creations on the day. The advantage: if the hair is professionally braided, this look is guaranteed to last until dawn. A side braid looks chic. For this, however, the hair should have a nice thickness. The French braid is just as suitable as Dutch braids.
What simple hairstyles can I do myself as a wedding guest?
If you are a professional when it comes to styling your own hair, you don't necessarily need a hairdresser if you are invited to a wedding. Besides, a lot also depends on the hair texture. If it is basically easy to style, then a braided hairstyle as a wedding guest is one of many ideas. It is important that hair to be braided should be washed the day before. It will then have a better grip the next day and be easier to style.
Accessories for hairstyles as a wedding guest
When you are invited to a wedding, you don't just wonder what dress and shoes to wear. Of course, you also think about the hairstyle - and the matching accessories for the hairstyle. When choosing hair accessories, the theme of the wedding plays a role. Is it a hippie wedding? Does the bride prefer romantic, classic decorations and dresses? Or does the occasion dictate a special theme? Depending on this information and your own outfit, you can choose from a variety of accessories. As a wedding guest, they add the finishing touch to your hairstyle. From bows to scarves and barrettes to headbands, everything is allowed. Only opulentbridal hair accessories are taboo as a guest, of course.
Here's a list of accessories and a few ideas to go with them:
- Bows: These are great to drape around the chignon. They will enhance any braided hairstyle and are a real eye-catcher in a low ponytail or with wavy hair. The colour should match the dress, handbag and shoes. Silk, velvet or even satin are wonderful materials.
- Turban: A simple dress and then a turban - wow! Today, the turban is often worn as an alternative. It's no wonder that hairstyles from the 1920s are on the rise again. Because women wore them there, too. If you know how to tie a turban as a headdress, the turban is an easy hairstyle for wedding guests. The styling is very quick. Leave your hair loose or not, fix the turban and you have a very handsome look.
- Headbands: Fine hair bands with pearls or flowers are a nice upgrade for wedding guest hairstyles. However, care should always be taken that it does not stand out too much. The queen of the day is and remains the bride - also visually!