Half Bun Hairstyles - Our Top 9
Trend hairstyle Half Bun: We love half things!
One for all! The half bun is the perfect hairstyle for hipsters, lazy people and for stylists. For women as well as for men. It's super quick to do and absolutely trendy. Because what started on the street some time ago and was picked up by the first bloggers has long since made it into all the styling magazines in the world. And no fashion runway is complete without "it", the casual, loose knot on the top of the head that looks so wonderfully cool and undone!
The Half Bun - Chignon 2.0
The half bun has taken the solemnity out of the bun and made it a trendy hairstyle with a cheerful wink. In plain language: you can definitely do half things! Not only do they look great, they are also quite practical. Because thanks to an open mane topped with a casual knot at the top or back of the head, annoying strands of hair can be kept out of your face. The half bun is simply a great look because it looks informal and casual, but can also be styled in a very sophisticated way.
Made in France: How the Half Bun was created
Of course, it is the chignon that is the real godfather of the hip half bun. However, the first person to wear her hair loose and voluminous at the back of her head was none other than Brigitte Bardot, one of the most beautiful women in France. This hairstyle became her trademark and still bears her name, "The Bardot". The "Bardot", which looks like a small, gossamer pillow on the top of the back of the head and perfectly complements the long, luxuriantly falling hair, evolved into the Half Bun. A hairstyle for all those who are addicted to the cool mix of open hair and chignon!
Half things styled quickly!
With the half bun, only the top hair is gathered into a chignon, not the entire hair. It is advisable not to wash the hair immediately before styling, otherwise it will fall out of the chignon too easily. To shape it in advance, however, it is also helpful to use a curling iron. The wavier the hair, the easier it is to achieve the look! Then pull back the top section of hair and tie it into a knot. This can be strict and tight, but of course also loose and airy. By the way, the half bun is suitable for almost any hair length, from a long bob to a long, wavy mane.
And this is how the basic look works:
- Untangle your hair well: For a perfect half bun, it is important to be able to brush your hair smoothly backwards. On the one hand, this saves annoying pulling during styling and, on the other hand, it creates the perfect starting point for the hairstyle.
- Separate the hair at the top of the head: Use your fingers to section off part of the hair at the back of the head and comb it back tightly one more time.
- Shape the base of the bun: Pull the sectioned-off section of hair through a soft, wrapped hair tie once. The second time it is pulled through, leave a loop of the desired size
- The wrapping technique: Wrap the rest of the plait around the hair loop, e.g. twisted, and then push the end firmly under the hair tie.
- Fixing: Finally, fix the half bun additionally with hair clips, preferably clips in your own hair colour. A little hairspray provides additional hold! Now the half bun just needs to be chicly plucked into shape and loosened up if necessary - done!
By the way: This unisex hairstyle is something for him AND her! Men also look a touch more daring and casual with a trendy half bun. It remains to be seen whether the stronger sex will soon be allowed to show up at the office with it. Fortunately, this is no longer an issue for women!