Blow-dry hairstyles for women - 2nd place
Blow-dry hairstyles - styling with the hairdryer
Blow-dried hairstyles are more popular than ever. Probably women are finally in the mood for glamour again. Because top blow-dried hair is simply part of a glamorous style. So that you know what you need for a perfect blow-dry hairstyle and how to achieve it at home, we'll tell you some useful tips and tricks here.
What do you need for a blow-dry hairstyle?
To create salon beautiful glamour hair and add great volume and super bounce, you need four things:
- a heat protection spray
- a hairdryer with an attachment
- a good brush or round brush/paddle brush
- Hair clips to separate and cool down the individual sections of hair.
A word about heat protection and blow-dry lotion
Donot overdo the heat protection spray, otherwise the hair will become too heavy. After washing, spray the still damp hair from a distance of 20-30 cm. Let long hair fall through the mist while spraying. Then comb through. A heat-protective spray coats the hair so that it does not break or look frizzy. There are also leave-in conditioning sprays with integrated heat protection - perfect for a great blow-dried hairstyle!
So-called blow-dry lotions or creams give even more styling guarantee. These come directly with integrated heat protection and ensure a great finish. So either get heat protection or, even better, a blow-dry lotion.
Step by step to the perfect blow-dry hairstyle
To create a successful blow-dry hairstyle, there are a few things to consider.
- First, apply a heat protection spray or blow-dry lotion.
- After applying the preparatory product, the hair is dried well.
- Only then can the round brush be used for the blow-dry hairstyle.
- The hairdryer should not be held directly against the scalp. Always blow-dry in the direction of the cuticle, i.e. from top to bottom. This closes the scalp and gives the hair a great shine.
On trend: blow-dry hairstyles of the 80s
The big blowout hype (blowout = blow-dry hairstyle) began with the return of the 80s blow-dry hairstyles. The trademark: Volume without end. However, blow-drying is no longer as extensive as it was in the 80s. Because back then, naturalness didn't matter. It was all about mega volume that had to last as long as possible. Accordingly, the look was set in concrete with hairspray. Today, women want loose, voluminous hair and a natural finish - without overdoing it.
Can I straighten hair with a hairdryer?
Yes, that's no problem. However, if you are expecting the ultra-smooth Sleek look, you should use a straightening iron after blow-drying. So the difference is in the straightening effect: the combination of blow-dryer and straightener makes for extremely smooth and shiny hair. However, using multiple heat tools is also doubly stressful for the hair. For a smooth look with a blow-dryer, use a so-called paddle brush - these are these wide, almost square brushes.
- For a perfect result, like at the hairdresser's, part the top of the head with a hair clip. You start with the lower hair.
- Each individual strand of bottom hair is then dried smooth from the roots to the tips with the paddle brush.
- Then remove the clip and blow-dry the top hair smooth, strand by str and.
- If you don't want to use a straightening iron, apply a little shine spray to finish the style.
Blow-dry styles for long hair
Long hair can either be voluminously waved or straightened with a hairdryer. So you don't necessarily need a straightening iron to style long hair straight. The right technique with a hairdryer will do the trick!
Long hair and voluminous waves
This is how to style with a hairdryer for soft waves:
- Loosely blow-dry the hair. Either blow-dry overhead or lift the lower hair slightly to blow-dry it.
- If you have a centre parting, you should not blow-dry your hair to a centre parting, but backwards with a round brush. This gives volume to the hairline.
- Then blow-dry each strand of hair over the round brush. The more time you take, the better the result. Start at the roots, place the strand over the brush and pull it through to the end of the hair.
- To create gentle waves, twist the hair with the brush.
- Professionals use several brushes and let the blow-dried strand of hair cool on them.
- Blow-dry the hair until it is completely dry.
Blow-dry styles for medium-length hair
Medium-length hair usually needs more body. This can also be achieved with the right blow-dry technique. A long bob, for example, needs volume at the roots. This can be achieved with a round brush by letting the hair cool down briefly after twisting. The top hair is blow-dried strand by strand over the brush. Depending on the result you want to achieve, you can either twist the ends with the round brush or blow-dry the lengths with the paddle brush.
Blow-drying short hair the right way
Short hair also lies best when blow-dried into shape. If you want volume, choose a round brush with a narrower diameter for short hair. This helps to create fullness at the back of the head even with short hairstyles. Short hair à la Sharon Stone looks great when it is completely blown back over the brush. To do this, rub a little mousse into damp hair beforehand and apply to the hair.
Tip: How do blow-dried hairstyles last overnight?
If you want your blow-dried hairstyle to last the next day, follow these useful tips:
- Don't comb through your hair before going to bed.
- If possible, do not sleep on your hair. "Put" long hair up.
- Gently scrunch the hair into a chignon so that the volume is not destroyed as much as possible.
- Wrap the hair in a silk turban. This also makes the hair style last longer.
- Before going to bed, spray dry shampoo on the roots to preserve the volume.