Elegant: The Sleek Look - 2nd place
The sleek look never goes out of fashion. The reason is that this hairstyle always looks elegant. As with make-up, the looks that look the easiest need a good hand. It's the same with the Sleek Look. Here we explain how to style it and what to look out for.
What is the Sleek Look?
The Sleek Look is also called the Wet Hair Look or Slicked Back Hair. The ultra-smooth look needs hair gel or mousse to live up to its name. The gel is then brushed onto the hairline while the hair is combed back and out of the face. Celebrities like Zendaya, Gigi Hadid, Scarlett Johansson and many others love the look on the red carpet.
How do you style sleek hair?
- If you want to, first part your hair.
- Then put some of the styling product - gel, wax or mousse - in your hands and smooth it over the top of your hair with the flat of your hand. Do not overdo it in terms of quantity. Otherwise, instead of a sleek look, you will quickly end up with greasy-looking hair. It's best to start with a small amount and add more product as needed.
- As for the brush, fine, dense bristles are ideal. The hair is styled back slowly and neatly with the brush. The back of the head should not be forgotten.
- The "sleek" hair is then blended down to chin level. The lengths and ends do not need hair gel. It is enough to style the first 20 cm of the hair sle ek.
- To give the hairstyle hold, you can add a little mousse to the hair afterwards.
What products do I need for the sleek look?
For this sleek hairstyle, you need a styling product that will definitely achieve the look. A gel, mousse or wax with a shiny finish is best. You also need a brush with lots of fine bristles. If you have curls, first straighten your hair at the roots. This can be done with a hairdryer and brush or with a straightening iron. Straight hair at the roots is the prerequisite for this hairstyle. With or without parting? That's up to the wearer. If you opt for a centre parting or side parting, you should do this before applying gel or mousse.
How do I care for the Sleek Look?
Even though you don't need heat tools to style sleek hair, straight hair requires a lot of care.
- If you often wear your hair as a wet look, you should make sure that gel & co. are always completely removed when you wash your hair - but that's not so easy. In any case, you should wash your hair twice. In the first step, the styling product is only loosened from the hair and then properly removed with the second hair wash.
- The scalp should also be clean. Since the hair dries out quickly when gel is applied, it should at least be pampered with conditioner after washing and with an intensively nourishing hair treatment 1-2 times a week .
- As with heat styling, it is also recommended to take a break now and then for the Sleek Look so that the hair can recover.
Sleek Look Ponytail
A popular combination is the Sleek Look and a ponytail. The hair should not be too short for this. Depending on your taste, you can start by making an accurate parting on the side or in the middle. Then add some hair wax or gel to the hair and comb it back tightly at the top of the head . The plait itself needs neither gel nor wax. Then tie the braid either high up or at the base of the neck into a deep braid - done!
The Sleek Long Bob
A long bob with a sleek look is the power look among bob hairstyles. The ultra-sleek bob was already fashionable in the 90s. Today it enjoys many fans again. However, you don't necessarily need gel for a sleek bob. The hair does not look "wet" as it does with the classic sleek look. Rather, we are talking about the bob that has been blow-dried straight or styled with a straightening iron. What it takes for the Sleek Bob:
- The hair must be cut bluntly on edge.
- Styling and finishing products include glossing cream or spray and a shine oil forthe tips.
When to wear the Sleek Look?
The Sleek Look is not only a great hairstyle idea for elegant occasions in the evening. You can also wear the sleek look during the day. Depending on the clothes you combine with this hairstyle, the look can be elegant or cool. If you ask others about the first impression of a hairdo styled in the wet look, the term "self-confident" often comes up- this is exactly what this look radiates. Celebrities like to wear it on the red carpet with a tight dress. At work, it looks great with a trouser suit or fancy dress. And in everyday life? A sleek look can also be conjured up on holiday. It's a good idea when the hair at the roots no longer looks fresh.