Trend hairstyle Shaggy Bob - 1st place
What is a Shaggy Bob?
Just the word shaggy bob sounds cool, doesn't it? If you read the term "shaggy" in a hairstyle name, the look is anything but boring. Shaggy is always a wild, rocking variation. It's the same here with the shaggy bob. So the combination of both - bob and shag - can only look rocking and cool! A wild bob, so to speak, that borrows something from the shag cut of the 70s.
What makes the Shaggy Bob?
- Hair length: The length does not play a primary role. The hair can be shorter or longer. However, if you ask a hairdresser, a bob - no matter which one - ends at the collarbone region at the most. But we don't take it so narrowly here - after all, there is also the long bob, where the length of the hair is also a matter of interpretation. For a shaggy bob, the hair can fall to the shoulders.
- Cut: What characterises the look is the combination of fringes and steps . However, the hair is not extremely layered, but only slightly. This adds a wild, slightly wicked touch to the look. If the hair is cut longer at the front than at the back of the head, the shaggy bob looks particularly daring.
- Hair texture: As with all shaggy hair styles, wavy hair hits the jackpot. Wavy hair naturally looks more untamed and cool than straight hair.
- Fringes: Bangs that match the shaggy bob are cut fringed and uneven just like the rest of the hair.
How to style a Shaggy Bob?
Stressed about styling in front of the mirror? There is none of that here. In contrast to the classic bob, which doesn't like to do without a hairdryer and round brush, you hardly need to make any effort with this haircut.
- Wavy hair dries best in the air. A no-heat styling product brings structure to the hair and cares for it at the same time.
- Straight hair is happy with volumising products like a beach spray. By the way, salt sprays have now been replaced by products with conditioning ingredients. This is because salt spray not only has the effect of gripping the hair - it also dries out hair and scalp quickly. That's why it's always worth taking a look at the ingredients in hair products. To get straight hair with a straight style, it's best to blow-dry it with a diffuser. And waves can also be styled into straight hair with a curling iron. But be careful: never forget to use heat protection when heat styling.
Shaggy bob with fringes
The shaggy bob with fringes is suitable for almost every hair type. As long as the hair gets enough texture from this cut, everything is fine. Since the fringes in a shaggy bob are also fringed, they need to be shaped like the rest of the hair. But don't worry, a few sprays of texture spray are quite enough. Because no one is going for accurate styling here - on the contrary!
How do you care for the shaggy bob?
All hairstyles that are cut with a fringe need top care. And here we really mean the tips, i.e. the ends of the hair. Because of the blunt, fringy cut, they tend to split easily. You should also have your hair trimmed by a hairdresser every 5-6 weeks. Once the look has grown out, it no longer looks cool. By the way, some really good hairdressers have created special cutting techniques where the cut grows with the hair. Nevertheless, the tips need regular trimming.
Who does a shaggy bob suit?
Every woman can wear a look like this. However, women with a round face should choose a longer version. Narrow faces, on the other hand, go for the short shaggy bob, which balances out the look wonderfully.
Is the shaggy bob suitable for every hair length?
The hair should be at least bob length to look really good. Otherwise it wouldn't be a Shaggy Bob! But the hair should not be too long either. Overall, the bob effect must be recognisable.
However, there is a no-go with regard to hair structure: it is difficult to create a shaggy bob with frizzy - i.e. heavily textured - hair. The shaggy bob is not particularly suitable for naturally frizzy hair because the casual look that is so typical of the shaggy bob does not come into its own. Besides, frizzy hair is very sensitive. Fringed and layered cuts would break it even more easily.
- Straight Shaggy Bob: Women with fine or straight hair have a harder time styling. They have to use mousse to get the hair to move and stand in the roots.
- Shaggy bob medium length: Not too short and not too long. The ideal length for the Shaggy Bob is called medium length. This means the hair definitely ends above the shoulders and has a wonderful amount of movement thanks to the step cut. If the hair is not too short, it can also be cheekily tied up on hot days. Just give it a try!
- Shaggy bob short: If you want to wear the trendy shaggy bob hairstyle with short hair, then of course your hair should not be "pixie short". It should have the classic bob length - then it's called a shaggy bob. By the way: The shorter the hair, the more often you should make an appointment with a hairdresser for a trim.
And this is how the shaggy bob works:
- The hair is cut to a length between the chin and the shoulders.
- The hair is wildly and fringily layered, so that the top hair becomes a lot shorter.
- The sides are also well parted.
- The fringe is cut fringed and unevenly, creating a deliberately messy look.
- Depending on the texture of the hair, blow-dry wildly with a diffuser attachment or air-dry. Mousse in damp hair helps to create more volume and grip. In dry hair, a beach spray creates the undone effect.